Sunday 9 June 2013

Sunday Story - Call me thrifty...

Growing up in communistic Czechoslovakia, I was trained from an early age to save all scraps, fabric or paper, and then create something new out of them. My grandmother would not let me throw away a sheet of paper until I have drawn or written on both sides... It might sound a bit extreme to you but it was actually very eco friendly and effective approach. I often watch in shock and horror how much paper can especially small kids waste and no one says a word. Well, I am still saving scraps (not as much as before) but still... I believe that with a little bit of fantasy, you can make fabulous stuff from them... This doll is an example. I cut my old and rather tattered jeans short and did not have the heart to throw the trousers away and now I use part of it to make a doll. The flower in her hair is a lucky find, it peeled off someone's hair clip and ended up on the floor in the school where I taught, well, it looks pretty in my doll's hair now....
                                                                                                                          ..... call me thrifty... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment